With Spring just around the corner, now is the time to plant those early peas. Chef Martin Rios shares with us one of his favorite early Spring recipes. Simple, elegant, this is the perfect way to celebrate Spring.
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion (small chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (small chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (small chopped)
- 3 cups fresh spring peas
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Small mint sprig
- 1/2 cup blanched spinach
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and pepper as needed.
- Using a medium sauce pan saute the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil, cook until soft and no color
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer to ½. Chill in ice bath. When cooled combine with the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve. Keep chilled until needed.
All of these great recipes are brought to you directly from Botanicle Interests they have a great section called “seed to saucepan” and we sell their seeds here at Cedar Grove Gardens, you won’t find them in any of the the big box stores. Just click on the vegetable to see the seed preparation and enjoy the recipe from this Great Santa Fe Chef.